Mediterranean One-Dish Meal Recipe
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup Greek olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is browned and onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, olives and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa. Top with spinach. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and spinach is tender. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mediterranean One-Dish Meal(4)
Sort By :
This was pretty good, I will make again.
Easy & a huge hit with my family!!! So delicious.
Easy and delicious!
My husband called this one "keeper"! I didn't have sausage links but substituted 1/2 lb. turkey breakfast sausage which I cooked with the onion. I also substitiuted canned tomatoes with onion, garlic and oregano because that is what I had on hand. I think you could also substitute spanish olives for the greek with only a little change in the overall taste (though I would recommend the greek if you can splurge on the cost!). This is definitely an easy recipe I will be making again!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >