Mediterranean One-Dish Meal Recipe
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup Greek olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is browned and onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, olives and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa. Top with spinach. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Mediterranean One-Dish Meal
Sort By :
Was delicious. I made it for two and we got a couple of meals out of it. I used black olives because I am not a huge fan of olives, but I can stand black olives mixed with other things. It was well-like and I am going to make it again.
Easy and pretty tasty. The texture was a little weird for me though. Very meaty.
This was pretty good, I will make again.
Easy & a huge hit with my family!!! So delicious.
Easy and delicious!