- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup Greek olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is browned and onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, olives and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa. Top with spinach. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mediterranean One-Dish Meal
"This was one of the tastiest and easy meals ever! The kalamata olives and feta cheese really makes this dish so flavorful!"
"Delicious! Will make again."
"Very good! I doubled the spinach because it didn't seem like enough, and it worked out well. Next time I'll cut the sausage a little thinner but I'll definitely make this again."
"Was delicious. I made it for two and we got a couple of meals out of it. I used black olives because I am not a huge fan of olives, but I can stand black olives mixed with other things. It was well-like and I am going to make it again."
"Easy and pretty tasty. The texture was a little weird for me though. Very meaty."