Meat Loaf in a Mug Recipe
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon onion soup mix
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- Additional ketchup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, ketchup, oats and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a microwave-safe mug or custard cup coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Let stand for 3 minutes. Serve with additional ketchup if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Meat Loaf in a Mug(5)
Sort By :
I can't wait to try this one. I love good tasting meat loaf. I grind my own burger so I won't be draining anything. My burger has just enough fat in it to barely hold a patty together when making hamburgers.
I love this recipe. It is very easy to make and delicious!
Substitute for onion soup mix: any grill seasoning that you like.
does anyone have any idea what I can use instead of onion soup mix... my husband is very allergic to onion even in dried or processed form. :/
Just great. First time I've cooked meat in the microwave and I was VERY pleasantly surprised at how good it was!
Didn't have quick oats so I had to use old-fashioned...no problem!
Was out of ketchup so I used cocktail sauce! Might do that permanently! The horseradish in it is great with meatloaf!
Used extremely lean ground turkey and there wasn't any grease left in the bottom...so nice...
Didn't trust my mugs in the microwave so I just made it in a one-cup pyrex measuring cup. Didn't look as great but it worked perfectly.
Didn't have onion soup mix so I used grill seasoning which worked well.
Think I'll quadruple this recipe and cook one mug while I line 3 other mugs with plastic wrap and freeze them. When frozen I'll bag them up and save them for a rainy day!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >