- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Sprinkle chopped pecans and chocolate chips into pastry shell. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter, liqueur, pepper and vanilla. Pour into pastry; arrange pecan halves over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mayan Chocolate Pecan Pie
"The pie was good, a little too sweet for my taste. I plan to make it again, but will add less sugar and corn syrup and ramp up the coffee flavor."
"My family loves this pie!"
"Honestly-I haven't made this yet but I am this week! The reviews made me excited to try it. I want to have this before the world ends!"
"I added 2Tbs of coco powder as recommended, but it was still way too sweet for my family. It set up nicely. but it just did not taste good at all."
"We loved this for Thanksgiving. I added the cocoa powder as recommended and used coffee from the coffee pot for the liqueur as I didn't have this. I may have to add the liqueur next time! It was easy and turned out great!"
"The pie had excellent flavor, however, I had a real problem with the filling not setting up. I have been making pecan pies for 20 years and never had a problem."
"Followed the recipe exactly and didn't care for it at all. Tasted like eating big bites of corn syrup. Really poor."
"its a different taste but, a good one"