- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Sprinkle chopped pecans and chocolate chips into pastry shell. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter, liqueur, pepper and vanilla. Pour into pastry; arrange pecan halves over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mayan Chocolate Pecan Pie
Sort By :
My family loves this pie!
Best chocolate pecan pie ever!!
This is a crowd favorite during the holidays-everyone loves the dark chocolate flavor with just a little hint of heat! The pie comes together quickly, but its looks and taste fool everyone into thinking you worked all morning in the kitchen. : )
Honestly-I haven't made this yet but I am this week! The reviews made me excited to try it. I want to have this before the world ends!
I added 2Tbs of coco powder as recommended, but it was still way too sweet for my family. It set up nicely. but it just did not taste good at all.