Marinated Oranges Recipe
"This flavorful fruit was actually the topping in a cake recipe. But I didn't want all the calories or fat from the cake—and the oranges are a good dessert all by themselves!" reports Norridge, Illinois' Carol Poindexter. "The dash of vanilla extract brings out the fruit's sweetness."
- 4 medium orange, peeled and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla yogurt, optional
- Place the orange slices in an 8-in. square dish; set aside. In a bowl, combine the orange juice, sugar, lemon juice, peels and vanilla; pour over the oranges. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with a slotted spoon. Top with vanilla yogurt if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Oranges in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p21
Reviews for Marinated Oranges
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review