This flavorful fruit was actually the topping in a cake recipe. But I didn't want all the calories or fat from the cake—and the oranges are a good dessert all by themselves! The dash of vanilla extract brings out the fruit's sweetness. —Carol Poindexter, Norridge, Illinois
Featured In: 77 Foods to Eat When You Have a Cold
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium oranges, peeled and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- Lime peel strips and vanilla yogurt, optional
- Mix first six ingredients, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Place oranges in a glass bowl; add juice mixture.
- Refrigerate, covered, until flavors are blended, 2-3 hours. If desired, top with lime peel and serve with yogurt. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Oranges in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p21
Reviews for Marinated Oranges
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review