Marinated Olive & Cheese Ring Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cold cream cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) sharp white cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) pimiento strips, drained and chopped
- Toasted French bread baguette slices
- Cut cream cheese lengthwise in half; cut each half into 1/4-in. slices. On a serving plate, arrange cheeses upright in a ring, alternating cheddar and cream cheese slices. Place olives in center.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, parsley, basil and garlic until blended; drizzle over cheeses and olives. Sprinkle with pimientos. Refrigerate, covered, at least 8 hours or overnight. Serve with baguette slices. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Marinated Olive & Cheese Ring
Sort By :
"This was the easiest appetizer I made during the holidays. I will definitely serve it again. I followed some suggestions and substituted the cheese selections. I used bocconcini and gruyere. I also added some artichoke hearts as suggested. I may follow another suggestion and add feta next time."
"I made this for a Christmas dinner buffet and it was delicious! I preferred the cream cheese to the white cheddar, but both were very good. I am going to use the leftovers as a topping for some broiled chicken that's on the menu tonight!"
"I just made this for an end of semester party we held for faculty and students. It was a huge hit."
"I just made this for Christmas day and we found it to be really flavorful and festive looking as well! I will make this again and again."
"This was okay, but I won't make it again. The cream cheese did not stand up with the other cheese. The olive oil mixture was nice on the olives, so I will use a combination of this part again."