- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; add the roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Pour the marinade into a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Add roast to the pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until the meat is tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Thicken juices for gravy if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Marinated Chuck Roast
"Family loved the sweeter flavor! I added minced garlic, chopped onions, black pepper and Emeril's essence to the marinade. Will add ginger & sea salt next time. I layered the crock pot with tomatoes, red potatoes, bell pepper, celery, carrots and mushrooms. Add roast and marinade, cooked on high for 6 hrs. Added cornstarch and gravy browner last 30-45 minutes of cooking. Yummy!"
"We absolutely LOVED this! Didn't have time to let it marinate as long as recommended (only a couple of hours) put it in a stone, placed on the grill and cooked for a couple hours. Fabulous!"
"Excellent! I marinated for 24 hours and it was delicious!"
"I normally use Lawrys Beef Marinade in the crockpot and they have stopped carrying the seasoning so I tried this. Its so amazing!"
"this was super easy and absolutely deeeelish!!! plating it with style makes it look as awesome as it tastes - 5 star restaurant like :)"