Maple Cinnamon Biscuits Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk and syrup just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with milk; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Maple Cinnamon Biscuits(3)
Sort By :
To RandiEwing: you probably had old baking powder or soda.
Tried making these biscuits 3 days in a row but they were awful each time! Did not rise at all...turned out flat, hard cookies! First time TOH has ever let me down!
This was the first reicpe I tried out of the special issue of Taste of Home in early 2011. I made it for my daughter's class for a snack program, but doubled it so that we'd have some at home as well. They turned out amazing and everyone absolutely loved them! They looked just like the picture and were soft, flaky, with a nice touch of sweetness. I've already been told that I WILL be making these again....and again....and again!!!!!!