- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- FOR PORK CHOPS:
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- FOR SALAD:
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- FOR STRAWBERRIES:
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled
- In a blender, combine vinegar and syrup. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Yield: 1 cup.
- For pork chops: Pour 2/3 cup dressing into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, brushing with 3 tablespoons reserved dressing during the last 5 minutes. Drizzle remaining dressing over chops before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
- For salad: In a large bowl, toss greens with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
- For strawberries: In a large bowl, toss berries with dressing. Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Maple Balsamic Dressing
"This is so unbelievably simple and delicious. Loved the maple sweetness with the traditional oil and balsamic mix. I served this over a salad of spring greens, bacon, bocconcini, and tomatoes and it was amazing. I love that this makes a lot so you can keep it in your fridge for use the following week."