Makeover Spinach Salad Dressing Recipe
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Serve over fresh spinach. Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Reviews for Makeover Spinach Salad Dressing
Sort By :
This dressing is pretty good! Sometimes I'm a bit skeptical in regards to low fat salad dressings, but this was very good and smelled delicious!
This is delicious, and I know I'll come back to it again and again. Like some other reviewers, I also cut back on the salt, since I didn't think it was needed for flavor. And I didn't use a blender or processor, just mixed the ingredients well.
Very good. I served this over spinach wiht mushrooms, turkey bacon, and a sliced hard boiled egg. Yummy! I used half the salt and it was still excellent. Might try less sugar or Splenda next time ... and there will be a next time.
I love this recipe. Sometimes I switch up the oils; instead of using canola I'll use sunflower or grapeseed, just as yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Makeover Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >