- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Serve over fresh spinach. Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Reviews for Makeover Spinach Salad Dressing
"This dressing is pretty good! Sometimes I'm a bit skeptical in regards to low fat salad dressings, but this was very good and smelled delicious!"
"Very good. I served this over spinach wiht mushrooms, turkey bacon, and a sliced hard boiled egg. Yummy! I used half the salt and it was still excellent. Might try less sugar or Splenda next time ... and there will be a next time."
"I love this recipe. Sometimes I switch up the oils; instead of using canola I'll use sunflower or grapeseed, just as yummy!"
"This was fantastic! I substituted the sugar for honey and it takes a lot like honey mustard dressing! YUM!"
"Used this as a dressing for a lettuce/waldorf salad for Thanksgiving luncheon at work. Everyone LOVED it!"
"I like this recipe. It's low fat and very flavorful. I did substitute Splenda for the sugar though"
"I would not make this recipes as is. I'd use either honey or Splenda sugar blend for the sugar. I'd cut down on the salt or not use any at all."
"I think I would substitue honey for the sugar and no salt instead of salt to make it even more healthier."