Makeover Spinach Salad Dressing Recipe
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Serve over fresh spinach. Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Reviews for Makeover Spinach Salad Dressing
Sort By :
"This dressing is pretty good! Sometimes I'm a bit skeptical in regards to low fat salad dressings, but this was very good and smelled delicious!"
"Very good. I served this over spinach wiht mushrooms, turkey bacon, and a sliced hard boiled egg. Yummy! I used half the salt and it was still excellent. Might try less sugar or Splenda next time ... and there will be a next time."
"I love this recipe. Sometimes I switch up the oils; instead of using canola I'll use sunflower or grapeseed, just as yummy!"
"This was fantastic! I substituted the sugar for honey and it takes a lot like honey mustard dressing! YUM!"