In her Prattville, Alabama kitchen, Amy Hornbuckle bakes these yummy spinach balls without an ounce of guilt. That's because this recipe cut 72% of the cholesterol and 44% of the calories from the original version.
- 2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Stir in spinach until blended. Roll into 1-in. balls.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Makeover Garlic Spinach Balls in Light & Tasty October 2005, p12
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Makeover Garlic Spinach Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review