After our memorable lakeside ceremony, guests gathered with Creighton and me at a nearby hall for our reception. A dear friend, Sharon Kramer, fixed good home-style food. Her tempting menu included these delicious potatoes. They're special, but made with convenient canned soup.
- 8 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes, layer potatoes and onions. Combine the flour, soup and milk until blended; pour over each baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; cool for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before reheating. Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: about 20 servings.
Originally published as Make-Ahead Scalloped Potatoes in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p36
Reviews for Make-Ahead Scalloped Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review