- 1 package (14 ounces) deluxe macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 9 cups water, divided
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- Set aside cheese sauce packet from macaroni and cheese mix. In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil. Add broccoli and onion; cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir in the soup, milk, ham and contents of cheese sauce packet; heat through. Drain macaroni; stir into soup. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Mac 'N' Cheese Soup
"My husband and I really liked this recipe! Beside the fact that it is a great comfort food, I really like the possibility for creative adjustments (we are thinking kielbasa and frozen peas will be a good variation!). Also, it's an easy set of ingredients to keep on hand for an unexpected cold or windy day when the grocery store just doesn't sound appealing!"
"I subbed the ham for canned chicken like a previous comment b/c my husband doesn't like ham. It was ok, but I probably wont make again. On a side note, how are you going to give a recipe you haven't made a 2 star b/c you don't eat cheese?"
"Just tried this today! Sooooo good. Great for a cold night in Upstate NY."
"This was a good recipe and a new way to use up some of the leftover Easter ham."
"We are making this soup again tonight! We loved it! I am going to make 4 times the amount of this soup this time though! Last time I Just doubled it... We all (5 of us) had 1 bowl each... But it was so good we all wanted more lol. SO I am doubling my doubled recipe lol. Looking forward to it & Cant wait to eat!! Thanks for reading!! Enjoy!"
"I tried this recipe and it turned out great! Even the picky eaters at my house loved it and the day I made we had an unexpected guest who loved it too. very good and very easy."