Mac 'N' Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) deluxe macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 9 cups water, divided
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- Set aside cheese sauce packet from macaroni and cheese mix. In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil. Add broccoli and onion; cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir in the soup, milk, ham and contents of cheese sauce packet; heat through. Drain macaroni; stir into soup. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Mac 'N' Cheese Soup
Sort By :
"I subbed the ham for canned chicken like a previous comment b/c my husband doesn't like ham. It was ok, but I probably wont make again. On a side note, how are you going to give a recipe you haven't made a 2 star b/c you don't eat cheese?"
"Just tried this today! Sooooo good. Great for a cold night in Upstate NY."
"I would change some of the ingredients because I don't eat hardly any cheese! I love homemade soups and would add pasta to my soups and of course lots of broccoli and other vege's and the ham sounds wonderful will make some soup soon."
"This was a good recipe and a new way to use up some of the leftover Easter ham."
"I left out the broccoli and substituted canned chicken for the ham. I also used skim milk instead of 2%. But my parents and I all loved this soup. I would definitely make this again."