Luscious Lemon Muffins Recipe
I've had this recipe since my college days, when it was served in one of my foods classes. These tempting, light lemony muffins go well at a luncheon with chicken salad. Even our two middle-school-aged children love to munch on them. -Mary-Lynne Mason, Janesville, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugr
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately with lemon juice to creamed mixture. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter with lemon peel.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 9 muffins.
Originally published as Luscious Lemon Muffins in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p39
Reviews for Luscious Lemon Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2014
These lemon muffins were very good. Light and tasty. I cut back just a bit on the lemon juice and peel to suit our tastes.