Low Fat Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
"When you bite into one of these yummy cookies, you'll never guess it's low in fat," says field editor Maria Regakis of Somerville, Massachusetts.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg white; beat until blended. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into an 8-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into slices, about 1/4 in. thick. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes for chewy cookies or 8-10 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks; cool completely. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p21
Reviews for Low Fat Peanut Butter Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >