Low-Fat Chocolate Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, oil and egg whites. Beat in sugars and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to applesauce mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until slightly firm.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 78 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 17, 2011
We used sweetened applesauce and 2 eggs instead of 3 egg whites, and they turned out delicious! Also just regular chocolate chips, not miniature. These are so good!
Nov 2, 2010
Gooey soft and addictive! Shockingly easy to make!
Feb 4, 2010
I made these cookies yesterday and was quite perplexed when they came out not too a good texture - it was clay like and very condensed too much cocoa with not enough sugar. I wonder what i didn't do right???
Jan 7, 2010
I made these cookies today.They are great.Thank you
Jan 5, 2010
Pretty quick and easy, and people can't believe how low-fat and low-calorie these are.
Dec 21, 2009
OH, these cookies are fantastic! :D I can hardly believe they are low fat! ;) They are especially amazing when they are still warm...nice and gooey and fudgey! I gave one of these cookies to my aunt, and she devoured it! ;) Lol! This is the perfect thing for me..instead of those fattening Christmas cookies. Now I can have something more healthy to eat instead of those fattening cookies, but not feel deprived! ;D I'm linking all my friends to this recipe! :D Thanks! Oh, I used a cookies scoop to help form the dough balls, but I had to use my hands as well to form them better. ;) No problem! :) So quick and easy to make!