Looking for sweets that won't add inches to your waist? Try this fudgy fare from Anne Withers of Cortland, New York. "These moist chewy brownies don't have much fat," she says. "And the recipe makes 2 dozen, so it's ideal for parties and potlucks."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, beat egg substitute for 1 minute or until frothy and slightly thickened. Stir in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 124 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Low-Fat Brownies in Quick Cooking September/October 2001
Jan 20, 2013
Yummy! No one would even guess they were lowfat! My kids just gobbled up these delicious brownies!
May 7, 2011
These tasted way better than I thought they would! Yum!~ Theresa
Oct 19, 2010
Don't substitute Splenda for sugar in this recipe.