Low-Cholesterol Pancakes Recipe
"When my husband and I developed high cholesterol, I found this wonderful way to convert our favorite pancake recipe," says Dorothy Anne Adams of Valier, Montana. "These pancakes are light, tender and slightly sweet."
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is lightly browned. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Originally published as Low-Cholesterol Pancakes in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p16
Reviews for Low-Cholesterol Pancakes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2010
I would definitely use this recipe again. My husband loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pancakes >