When you need a toss-together pasta dish, this is just the ticket. Tart marinated artichokes enhance the tomatoes. The sauce is so flavorful, no one will miss the meat.—Mary Ann Lee, Clifton Park, New York
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes with basil
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop tomatoes, reserving liquid. Drain artichokes, reserving 1/4 cup marinade. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, artichokes, capers, tomato paste, basil, sugar, salt, pepper and reserved tomato liquid and artichoke marinade.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drain linguine and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with tomato mixture and remaining oil. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Linguine with Artichoke-Tomato Sauce in Country Woman February/March 2012, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Linguine with Artichoke-Tomato Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review