Here's a fun, simple chicken taco recipe for a casual dinner with friends or family. For variety, use any leftover filling as a topping for a taco salad. —Tracy Gunter, Boise, Idaho
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and shredded lettuce, optional
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve in tortillas with sour cream, cheese and lettuce if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Lime Chicken Tacos in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p12
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lime Chicken Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review