- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a Dutch oven, cook linguine according to package directions, adding peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk egg, milk, red pepper, pepper flakes and pepper; cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is just thick enough to coat a spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese and bacon; remove from heat.
- Drain linguine; return to Dutch oven. Add sauce; toss to coat. Serve with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Light Linguine Carbonara
Sort By :
This was very easy to make and then as it sat the flavors mixed together and it got better and better with each bite! One tip though...remember not to cook the egg mixture at too high a temp because you'll begin to get scrambled eggs!!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >