My family is always asking for this bread. It has a rich cake-like taste with a sweet and tangy flavor. All I can say is it's just sooooo good! —Lola Baxter, Winnebago, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream, lemon peel and extracts. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Transfer to two greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over breads. Yield: 2 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Originally published as Lemon Pound Cake Loaves in Homemade Food Gifts 2011 2011
Reviews for Lemon Pound Cake Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review