My family is always asking for this bread. It has a rich cake-like taste with a sweet and tangy flavor. All I can say is it's just sooooo good! —Lola Baxter, Winnebago, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour two 5-3/4x3x2-in loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture, alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
In a small bowl, mix icing ingredients. Spoon over loaves.
Freeze option: Do not make icing. Securely wrap cooled loaves in plastic wrap and foil, then freeze. To use, thaw at room temperature. Prepare icing as directed. Yield: 2 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Originally published as Lemon Pound Cake Loaves in Homemade Food Gifts 2011 2011
Reviews for Lemon Pound Cake Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review