Lemon-Cranberry Mini Loaves
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makes4 loaves (6 slices each)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the lemon juice and zest. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in cranberries and walnuts. Pour into four greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. For glaze, whisk sugar and lemon juice until sugar is dissolved. Immediately spoon over bread. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 260 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 5, 2018
Such a great flavor combination. I made these for a ladies brunch get together for my friends to take home. Everyone raved about them. Thinking they will make a great hostess gift this holiday season.
Dec 13, 2012
I made a couple of changes, because of what I had on hand. Only 3 eggs, and added 1 Tbsp lemon extract, since I didn't have zest. Also used 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, 2 cups finely chopped fresh cranberries instead of dried. Added 1/4 cup white chocolate chips too. Really think the extract was too much with the lemon juice, but the white choc offset that tartness nicely. This is a definite keeper. Oh, and mine made 5 loaves, probably because I used fresh cranberries.