- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon juice, peel and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, beat the sour cream and butter until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Beat in lemon juice and peel. Drizzle over the cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Lover's Pound Cake
Sort By :
"Love this recipe!"
"This cake is amazing, I used fresh lemons. This cake is awesome as written, I only changed one thing, I used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream in the cake, and I left sour cream out in the glaze. I have it in my glass cake plate its better the second day when all that lemon flavor has a chance to blend. It actually makes my mouth water just thinking about it."
"This is one of the best and easiest cake that I have ever made. a real crowd pleaser."
"I took this to my volunteer group and they absolutely loved it. There were many request for the recipe. I added a little more lemon juice than called for to make it extra lemony but the recipe is perfect as is."
"I have made this several times and it really is very good. My family just loves it when I serve this. I would highly recommend this to everyone."