Try this light, lip-smacking, lemony cake for any springtime brunch or dinner. —Katie Wollgast, Florissant, Missouri
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into buttermilk mixture until blended. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drop pie filling by teaspoonfuls over batter.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Crumb Cake in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Crumb Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review