Whether I'm hosting friends or sending a plate to work with my husband, these creamy elegant cheesecake squares are always a hit. It's a wonderful make-ahead dessert that easily serves a large group.
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, oats and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Press dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with jam.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Beat in lemon juice and peel. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Carefully spoon over jam.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Cheesecake Squares in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Cheesecake Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review