- 1 pound fresh or frozen Brussels sprouts, thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cut brussels sprouts in half. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until sprouts begin to brown.
- Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in broth, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until sprouts are tender.
- Stir in butter and lemon peel until butter is melted. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon-Butter Brussels Sprouts
Sort By :
"Made as written. Wonderful tasting quick recipe. Thanks for sharing."
"Husband and I love these! Made just as written - very tasty and a welcome change to roasted sprouts."
"Brussies have always been one of our favorite veggies, so when I saw this recipe, I just had to give it a whirl. I have made a similar version but this one takes it up a few bumps, especially with the lemon. As a volunteer field editor, I highly recommend this recipe, and it will be a regular on my table."
"I do not really care for brussel sprouts but know that I need to incorporate more "greens" into my diet so I tried this recipe. Surprisingly, it was very good. I loved the zing of the lemon juice. I did add some cayenne pepper to give it some zip. I will definitely make this again and add some crumbled bacon."
"These are the best Brussels sprouts I have ever had"