Lara's Tender Gingersnaps Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until blended. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to brown sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be stiff). Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1 in. balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Lara's Tender Gingersnaps
Sort By :
"Good gingerbread flavor. My husband liked that they were a soft cookie."
"Excellent coolies, soft and chewy. Dough made up easily and it was easy to work with. This is a keeper recipe, will definitely make again!"
"These were excellent gingersnaps, very soft and delicious, easy on the teeth !!! I had to add additional flour as my dough was too soft to work with, and I chilled the dough beforehand. A keeper! Will definitely make them again !!"
"The cookies were easy to make and did look like the photo. Very tasty nice and firm not to soft or hard. I will make these again for sure."
"My husband loved these. I will definitely be making more of them. They were very soft even days later. I give it 5 starts!"