- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until blended. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to brown sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be stiff). Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1 in. balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Lara's Tender Gingersnaps
"Made a double batch and passed them out at work, parties, and to friends. I've never had so many compliments on a baked good! Even from people who normally don't care for ginger snaps!"
"First ginger cookie I ever made, love it!!! Yummier when warm. Thanks for sharing."
"good cookie (I did omit the cloves because we don't care for their flavor) and added some funfetti on top; they were a bit gooey, but maybe next time I'll try leaving them in the oven 1 more min."
"Much yummier when they're still warm"
"My daughter made these today and they are delicious. She made them bite-size and they came out perfectly shaped and fluffy. They would hold up great if transporting."