- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Kentucky bourbon, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or chopped walnuts
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, yolks, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, bourbon if desired, vanilla and salt. Stir in nuts.
- Brush pastry shell with egg white. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Pour filling over chips. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Dollop on pie just before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Kentucky Chocolate Pecan Pie
Sort By :
"Delicious! The bourbon flavor becomes a little stronger after a day in the refrigerator."
"Easy and delicious!"
"My wife made this it is deliceous we are makeing it for a Thanksgiving party"
"Made this several times and never lasts long! This is delicious!"
"This pie is very good, but it MUST be made in a deep dish pie shell. I made it in a regular pie shell and it just couldn't hold all of the filling."