When we want a cup of hot chocolate, we prefer homemade over store mixes. A splash of Kahlúa adds a touch of fabulous. —Chung-Ah Rhee, Hollywood, California
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 to 4 tablespoons Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- Optional toppings: miniature marshmallows, salted caramel sauce and chocolate syrup
- In a small saucepan, whisk sugar, cocoa, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gradually whisk in milk; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in Kahlua. Ladle into mugs; serve with toppings as desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Kahlua Hot Chocolate in Simple & Delicious February/March 2015
Reviews for Kahlua Hot Chocolate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2015
"Made this last night when the temperature was 9 degrees outside--delicious warmup!"