- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large)
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- CARAMEL ICING:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk; bring to a boil. Cool slightly. Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Transfer to a small resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag and drizzle over muffins. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Jumbo Caramel Banana Muffins
Sort By :
"Very yummy muffins! I haven't made the frosting yet but they are really good all on their own - tops went crispy and I LOVE that. Made 12 regular sized muffins and they took 19 mins to bake."
"I thought these were ok. I did use 12 regular size muffins, and added one more banana. I liked the muffins without the frosting. I am awful with frosting though, so I am sure it is something that I did. They are very sweet, so don't use more that a little on each muffin."
"These are absolutely delicious!!!!!"
"I made 12 regular size muffins, and they were so moist and flavorful. I reduced baking time to 20 min. and it was perfect. They were good without the caramel icing This will replace my banana bread recipe."
"I was expecting amazing, and these weren't. I made 14 regular size cupcakes, and 20 minutes was too long. I should have checked them at 18 minutes. I still rated three stars because of the flavor. The Makeover Banana Nut Bread, was more moist and I gave it five stars."