- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg yolks until light and lemon-colored. Beat in honey and orange peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the bananas, carrots and applesauce.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form; fold into batter a third at a time.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 9 jumbo muffins.
Reviews for Jumbo Banana-Carrot Muffins
Sort By :
"I added the vanilla and 1/3c chopped pecans. Delicious! I will definitely make this recipe again"
"These muffins were wonderful! I followed the recipe as written, but I did add 1 tsp. of vanilla, as another person suggestged. I didn't have a jumbo muffin pan. I made 18 standard size muffins. This recipe is a keeper. Thank you so much for sharing. I will definitely be making this recipe again."
"loved loved these I used 1 cup of whole wheat flour and half cup of white flour,added 4 dates 1tbs cinnamon vanilla pinch of fennel and coconut 3 bananas because I didn't have applesauce and didn't have honey so I used maple syrup and I didn't add any sugar"
"very moist and I like the taste of the orange. My brother's girlfriend says its the best muffins she had in a while."
"Fantastic!! I didn't make them Jumbo and I had 21 muffins. These are only 2 weight watchers points. Even my pick kids and husband loved them!"