Italian Submarine Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- Cut bread in half lengthwise. Hollow out bottom half, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Brush oil over cut sides of bread.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese and oregano; sprinkle over bread. On the bottom half, layer the tomato, ham, provolone and salami. Replace bread top. Cut into four slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Italian Submarine
Sort By :
Good and simple.
This was delicious. I made individual sandwiches on Tomato Hoagie Buns from the Kroger bakery. I also used the Genoa Salami for better flavor.
Delicious!! I have made this sandwich numerous times and even make it on Fridays (individually wrapped) for weekend activities on the go. This is a great combination and the topping of oil, oregano and shredded parmesan is wonderful! Best if chilled awhile before serving.
I have made this recipes dozens of times - the flavors are great together. I always make sure I buy the Genoa salami for it, because it tastes the best. It's even good the next day straight from the fridge! Great to make for parties!