- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope au jus gravy mix
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 12 Italian rolls, split
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Combine the water with salad dressing and au jus mixes; pour over meat. Top with onion and chilies.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-11 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Italian Shredded Beef Sandwiches
Sort By :
"This was very good. I halved the recipe and put the beef in the slow cooker @ 10 p.m. and went to bed. I turned it off at 9 a.m. and removed the beef to a bowl to cool so I could shred it. We ate it for Sunday early dinner in hoagie buns. He put Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet & Spicy BBQ sauce on his. I put a slice of provolone on mine and heated it up in the toaster oven. We both loved it. I put half the cooked beef in the freezer for another "roast beef" dinner or more shredded beef sandwiches. I will make this again and again!"
"Made this tonight for dinner, very easy. Cooked it 6 hrs on low, then added about 4 oz of sliced pepperoncinis and turned up to hi for 2 1/2 hr.Turned out wonderful."
"This is a recipe I found a while ago and I make it often. The only change that I've made is that instead of the au jus mix and water I use a can of beef consomme and 1 cup of water."
"Very easy and delicious! I added a slice of Swiss and some banana peppers to my sandwich...yummy!"