Italian Meatball Buns Recipe
- 12 frozen bread dough dinner rolls
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce, warmed
- Let dough stand at room temperature 25-30 minutes or until softened.
- Cut each roll in half. Wrap each portion around a meatball, enclosing meatball completely; pinch dough firmly to seal. Place on greased baking sheets, seam side down. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops with oil; sprinkle with cheese and basil. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Italian Meatball Buns(5)
Sort By :
The whole family loved this recipe but especially the kids! I had to pass along to my 2 neighbors since their kids were at my house and loved them too!
The whole family loved this recipe. We will definitely be making these again. Can easily be doubled for a crowd.
I used Sam's Italian meat balls and Kroger's frozen yeast roll dough. It took about an hour for the dough to soften and only about 30 minutes to rise. We fixed them for a group of teens. They left the cookies and very quickly devoured the Meatball Buns!
These are awesome! My 12 year old daughter made these with no problems. They didn't last long on the table. It was a great appetizer dish. I did use frozen meatballs and they were very tasty. I will think about making my own meatballs to use next time but this recipe is definitely a keeper!
These were a hit with my boys and hubby alike! I didn't have any frozen roll dough but I had frozen loaves. I also made my own meatballs. Took longer because I had to cook my own meatballs but the idea was the same. I certainly will be using this recipe again. I am thinking I might make Mexican meatballs next time and have salsa to dip them in. YUMMO!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Kids Snacks >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Meatball Appetizers >
- Party Appetizers >
- Potluck Appetizers >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Appetizers >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Finger Foods >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Italian Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Carb Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Potluck Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Appetizers >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Appetizers >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Winning Appetizers >
- Winning Healthy Recipes >