- 3 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 cups cubed cooked corned beef
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped radishes, optional
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly. Peel and cube potatoes.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard seed, celery seed and 1/2 teaspoon salt; pour over warm potatoes and toss to coat. Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, stir in the corned beef, cabbage and radishes if desired. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish, onions, milk, mustard if desired and remaining salt; pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Irish Potato Salad
Sort By :
Combines the tastiest flavors of my Saint Patrick's Day feast! Even better the second day!
This recipe was so good that my husbands work was talking about it the day back after our St. Patty's Day cookout! It is refreshing with a bit of tang and sweetness! I don't normally like potato salad but this was delish...the hostess's husband kept the left overs and sent home the empty bowl...I did double the recipe, left out the radishes and slow cooked the corned beef on high for 4 hrs with spices it came with...Hope this is helpful!
Definately a keeper...best the 2nd day.