"I assemble this mix when I want to save bread that's starting to get stale," comments Darlene Brenden from her home in Salem, Oregon. "This nicely seasoned stuffing is great with any type of poultry and costs a fraction of the store-bought version."
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 10-1/2 cups dried bread cubes (about 24 slices) or unseasoned croutons
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Place the bread cubes in a large resealable plastic bag; add the small seasoning bag. Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 3 batches.
- To prepare stuffing: In a large saucepan, combine water, butter and 1/3 cup seasoning mix. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add 3-1/2 cups bread cubes; stir just to moisten. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 2-4 servings per batch.
Originally published as Instant Stuffing Mix in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p48
Reviews for Instant Stuffing Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review