Hot Mushroom Dip Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Assorted raw vegetables or crackers
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in bacon. Serve warm with vegetables or crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Hot Mushroom Dip(3)
Sort By :
Good one to cook in holidays
It was a favorite at the potluck...... however I found it to be a bit salty and it to be just like a stroganoff sauce....Good just different
Good hot. Make just before serving. I had to add chicken stock to thin it out because I left it on the stove too long. I also made it with low fat cream cheese and sour cream - still great!