This is a simple, delicious and comforting hot cocoa with a hint of cinnamon. It has just the right amount of sweetness.—Deborah Canaday, Manhattan, Kansas
Recommended: 54 Summer Potluck Recipes to Feed a Crowd
- 5 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 11 cups water
- Miniature marshmallows and peppermint candy sticks, optional
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the milk powder, sugar, cocoa, vanilla and cinnamon; gradually whisk in water until smooth. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
- Garnish with marshmallows and use peppermint sticks for stirrers if desired. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Hot Cocoa for a Crowd in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2011, p92
Reviews for Hot Cocoa for a Crowd
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review