- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- 1-1/2 pounds sliced cooked turkey
- 8 cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk, broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheese, salt and white pepper until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat.
- Place slices of toast on a baking sheet. Layer each with turkey, cheese sauce, bacon, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Hot Brown Sandwiches
"We have a sandwich like this where I work and since I work the night shift I'm never there to eat it. This was better than the one from work. I did increase the cheese for a bit more flavor and instead of Italian bread I used croissants. SO GOOD!!!!"