- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In another bowl, whisk eggs, honey, oil and brown sugar mixture until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (cover top loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning).
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. In a small bowl, stir glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Honey Spice Bread
Sort By :
"Like the flavor, but the texture left much to be desired. You need to wash it down with a lot of water."
"Flavor is good but do not like the texture"
"I really like this bread - great with coffee in the morning. I liked that the bread was not overly spicy. A nice delicate flavor."
"Success! I made the bread today with the below changes and it is moist and tasty!Will be making it often!1/2 C packed brown sugar -- mixed it with the milk without heating it - dissolved easily.1/2 C oil1/3 C Greek yogurt1/4 tsp salt1 tsp vanillaSprinkled the top with cinnamon sugar before baking.Last week:Made this a few days ago per the recipe plus I added 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp vanilla. My husband came home for lunch and ate two slices with cream cheese while the bread was still warm and liked it. However, once it cooled it was dry. I didn't make the glaze because it was a little too sweet for our taste even without the glaze. Since it was good warm, we have been lightly toasting it and it is okay. I decided not to give up on this recipe, so I am going to make it again and will increase the oil to 1/2 cup and add 1/4 cup Greek yogurt. I will also decrease the brown sugar to 1/2 cup and again add the salt and vanilla."
"I also should have read the reviews. Very, very dry."