- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In another bowl, whisk eggs, honey, oil and brown sugar mixture until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (cover top loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning).
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. In a small bowl, stir glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Honey Spice Bread
Sort By :
I baked this bread and several other things last weekend. This was the least desired. There is still about half a loaf left a week later. Everything else is gone. It's dry and somewhat flavorless. I baked it in a loaf pan but may try it one more time as mini loaves. I may add a little vanilla to the drizzle too. The powder sugar taste is overwhelming on this bread. It looked so good but....it was disappointing.
Sorry, I wanted to love this bread but it was somewhat dry and the flavors didn't pop. I am a seasoned baker, and followed the recipe to the letter. I will try it one more time, substituting applesauce for the oil.
I made this recipe yesterday. My changes....added walnuts and baked in 8 x 8. My husband loved it. Will make again.
Sorry ladies, but made this bread today and I feel it was somewhat bland and a little over-rated. Followed recipe exactly, but was not that impressed with this one...
I liked the taste but thought I was a little dry. I will try again making 2 small loafs.