Honey Spice Bread Recipe
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir brown sugar and milk for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, honey, oil and brown sugar mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (cover with foil if top browns too quickly).
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Honey Spice Bread(5)
Sort By :
Found recipe for this bread and just knew it would be a winner! Indeed it is. Pklan to make loaves as *food gifts* for Christmas. Thank *you* Gaye for sharing this wonderful recipe. (By the way, I live in Oxford, NY).
This bread is wonderful. I didn't have the individual spices, so I substituted them for 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. I also added just a dash of cinnamon and some chopped walnuts. I would test to see if it's done at 50 minutes next time. At 55 it was just a little more done than I would've liked, but still delicious!
Easy bread to make. Our family really loved the bread's flavor and are looking forward to it again. Agree with previous poster that it does taste better the next day.
This is a no fuss bread recipe. It has a unique taste compared to other breads and it seems to taste better the day after it is baked. YUM!
This is one of the most delicious and easy breads I have made. The texture and taste just delights the taste buds. Quick and easy to make, plus the aroma just makes your home smell wonderful. I make several loaves at a time and freeze them. My husband just can't get enough of it.