- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In another bowl, whisk eggs, honey, oil and brown sugar mixture until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (cover top loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning).
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; stir until smooth. Drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Honey Spice Bread
Sort By :
Found recipe for this bread and just knew it would be a winner! Indeed it is. Pklan to make loaves as *food gifts* for Christmas. Thank *you* Gaye for sharing this wonderful recipe. (By the way, I live in Oxford, NY).
This bread is wonderful. I didn't have the individual spices, so I substituted them for 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. I also added just a dash of cinnamon and some chopped walnuts. I would test to see if it's done at 50 minutes next time. At 55 it was just a little more done than I would've liked, but still delicious!
Easy bread to make. Our family really loved the bread's flavor and are looking forward to it again. Agree with previous poster that it does taste better the next day.
This is a no fuss bread recipe. It has a unique taste compared to other breads and it seems to taste better the day after it is baked. YUM!
This is one of the most delicious and easy breads I have made. The texture and taste just delights the taste buds. Quick and easy to make, plus the aroma just makes your home smell wonderful. I make several loaves at a time and freeze them. My husband just can't get enough of it.