Honey-Oat Pan Rolls Recipe
- 2-1/2 to 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, mix 1 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat water, honey and 4 tablespoons butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add egg; beat 2 minutes longer. Stir in enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide and shape into 24 balls. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Melt remaining butter; brush over rolls. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Honey-Oat Pan Rolls(6)
Sort By :
Confused by recipe. Chose because it said only a single rise yet the recipe states 2 rises?
Good, healthy tasting dinner rolls.
These were good, but I'm only giving them 4 stars because I did the dough in the bread machine and they really weren't as moist as I imagined them. Want to try them again going by the recipe and see if they're better then! But the flavour was really good.
LOVE THESE ROLLS! YUMMY!
I love these pan rolls. I have been changing 1 cup whole wheat for 1 cup all purpose flour. Also I put in bread machine and set it to dough. When its finished I go back to recipe at punch down dough.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Rolls >