- 2-1/2 to 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large egg
- In a large bowl, mix 1 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat water, honey and 4 tablespoons butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add egg; beat on high 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide and shape into 24 balls. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Melt remaining butter; brush over rolls. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Honey-Oat Pan Rolls
Sort By :
"Made these for dinner last night and they were delicious! I followed the recipe exactly and they turned out great. The only thing I did differently was to add some honey to the butter before brushing the tops at the end. We're a small family of three, so the extras are in the freezer for another meal or two."
"Awesome recipe, definately 5 starDefinately will be a family favorite!Even. 3 days after baking them they were delicious."
"I just made these rolls. Very good. I plan on serving them at Thanksgiving. Will make again."
"I like using oats and whole wheat flour in breads."
"I made these back in 2007 and rated them, "excellent"."