Rolled Oat Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in water and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Shape into two 1-1/2 in. rolls; wrap tightly in waxed paper. Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 1/2-in. slices and place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 188 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 2, 2018
Easy to make, tasty. I didn't refrigerate them though, I just shaped them into cookies and immediately backed them. Added a pecan in the middle too. They turned out well
Feb 14, 2018
I just to the cookies out of the oven or should I say bricks. OMG they are terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE. Oh Yea, I didn't cook to long. I followed the recipe to the T.
Jun 25, 2017
I made these over the years and everyone loves them. They're not all that sweet just plain good!!
Nov 18, 2012
Awesome not too sweet cookie, adding mini chocolate chips to this for a nice variation.
Apr 12, 2010
I didn't even slice and bake them, I just used my cookie scoop, no refrigeration needed and they tasted amazing!