- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 12 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes or dry bread cubes
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups boiling water
- Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together. Bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients; brush over turkey. Bake 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours longer or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. Baste occasionally with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.)
- For stuffing, in a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir until tender. Add stuffing cubes and seasonings; toss to combine. Stir in enough boiling water to reach desired moistness; transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, covered, for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Remove turkey from oven; cover loosely with foil and let stand 15 minutes before carving. If desired, skim fat and thicken pan drippings for gravy. Serve with turkey and stuffing. Yield: 14 servings (8 cups stuffing).
Originally published as Honey-Glazed Turkey in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p20
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Honey-Glazed Turkey
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2013
Do you need to brine the turkey?
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2012
PERFECTION! It was OUT OF THIS WORLD! EVERYBODY LUVED BOTH, The Turkey & The Stuffing! They ALL WANT THE RECIPE!