- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- Hot cooked rice
- Mix cornstarch and water until smooth. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry chicken and garlic 1 minute. Stir in honey, soy sauce, salt and pepper; cook until chicken is no longer pink, 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, stir-fry vegetable blend in remaining oil just until tender, 4-5 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan, along with chicken. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 1 minute. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Honey Chicken Stir-Fry
""You CAN teach an old cook new tricks" ...I have been making my own version of chicken Stir-Fry for many years that my family has always loved....BUT...last night I used this Honey chicken Stir-Fry recipe with fresh (not frozen) veggies. My husband said that the chicken was the BEST he has EVER had!!!I added a hand full of sliced almonds with the chicken. The way the honey (I only had 2 Tablespoons) and soy sauce caramelized the chicken and almonds was delicious !!!The veggies I usually use are scallions, napa cabbage, bean sprouts, sugar snap peas and broccoli or any combination.This can be served over white rice, brown rice, barley, quinoa OR with no carbs like I enjoy!!!I usually top each serving with some fresh scallions (the green part of a green onion) and a few sliced almonds.This is a very healthy and impressive meal for company or your family!!!!"
"Super easy recipe. Using instant rice, dinner can be on the table in 15 minutes. A little too mild. It does need more soy sauce. Next time, think I'll try adding some ginger, and maybe some pineapple. Definitely a keeper."
"The honey absorbed the soy sauce flavor and came off tasting bland to me. Won't make again"
"We all loved this!"
"Great quick meal - great taste - even better as a left over"
"This tasted good and went together quickly. I did double the sauce and next time, I will probably add some red pepper flakes because I would like it to have a bit of a kick."
"Loved this recipe! Sweet and tasty(: it's also quick to make which I love when making dinners"
"My family loved it!! Be sure to double or in my case triple the sauce recipe."