Homemade Muffin Mix Recipe
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup milk
- FOR CHEDDAR MUFFINS:
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- FOR CINNAMON-RAISIN MUFFINS:
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in airtight containers in a cool dry place or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 batches (10 cups).
- To prepare plain muffins: Place 2-1/2 cups muffin mix in a bowl. Whisk egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- To prepare cheddar muffins: In a bowl, combine 2-1/2 cups muffin mix, cheese, bacon and chives. Whisk egg and milk; stir into cheese mixture just until moistened. Fill muffin cups and bake as directed for plain muffins.
- To prepare cinnamon-raisin muffins: In a bowl, combine 2-1/2 cups muffin mix, raisins and cinnamon. Whisk egg and milk; stir into raisin mixture just until moistened. Fill muffin cups and bake as directed for plain muffins. Yield: 1 dozen per batch.
Reviews for Homemade Muffin Mix(4)
Sort By :
I will use this recipe from now on. These are so much better than what I have bought at the store and they are gorgeous!
Simple and easy. I used for blueberry muffins and it worked perfectly.
A staple for every household! I LOVE this simple and easy mix.
Perfect. I had lazy days when I felt like making up a batch of muffins but didn't feel like getting out all the ingredients at the time. I know some of you understand what I'm saying. Now with this mix recipe I get to mix them up so fast & easy, they are in the oven in no time. The muffins turn out so good. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe with us. The recipe is sure a lot cheaper than buying a mix at the store & I know what's in it too.