Homemade Antipasto Salad Recipe
- 2 packages (1 pound each) spiral pasta
- 4 cups chopped green peppers
- 4 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound thinly sliced Genoa salami, julienned
- 1 pound sliced pepperoni, julienned
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese, cubed
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water. In several large bowls, combine pasta, green peppers, tomatoes, onions, beans, salami, pepperoni, cheese and olives.
- Place vinegar, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper in a blender. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Pour over pasta salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 50 (3/4-cup) servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Homemade Antipasto Salad(10)
Sort By :
This salad is sooo good. The dressing is amazing. I had to cut the recipe in half since there are just 2 of us (3 if you count my cat, who also loved the dressing). Even cutting the recipe in half it lasts for three days. But it is worth it.
I modified this recipe & cut it in half because it made so much. I put fresh cucumbers in it, skipped the salami & added baby pepperoni. The dressing was AMAZING!!!! Definitely make it again.
I cut the recipe in 1/2. Very yummy! Tasted even better the next day.
Great summer recipe. The flavor gets better the longer it marinates. I also substituted the sugar in the dressing for honey and it turned out great. I even make the dressing sometimes for other lettuce based salads.
I have made this many times. Just cut the recipe in half. Very Good!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Antipasto Salads >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Italian Pasta Salads >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Salads >