- 10 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium red apples, cubed
- 2 medium pears, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly salted cashews
- In a salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, corn syrup, onion, mustard and salt. Pour over romaine mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 14 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for Holiday Lettuce Salad
Sort By :
"I think this chicken added to this dish would make a great main dish. Can't wait to try this recipe."
"This salad sounded wonderful, but was disappointed when I tasted it. The dressing was less than desirable. I think with a different dressing it would be much better."
"This was a true hit at our family Christmas gathering.Good taste combinations with the apples and pears and nuts.We did not have cashews so used pecans instead."
"We had 12 for dinner and everyone loved this salad. I doubled the recipe and there were NO LEFTOVERS!"
"This will become a go to salad from now on. Whether for a large gathering or just a salad for one. Excellent refreshing and OH SO YUMMY"