Hearty Turkey Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1-inch julienne strips
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 jar (26 ounces) garden-style pasta sauce or meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup uncooked small shell pasta
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add zucchini and carrot; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, pasta sauce, beans, tomatoes, parsley, oregano, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Just before serving, stir in pasta. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Turkey Vegetable Soup
Sort By :
I thought this soup was really tasty. It was also very easy to put together. I did use homemade beans to cut down on the sodium and used a large can of spaghetti sauce verses the jar of spaghetti sauce and still found that there was plenty of flavor. We will be making this one again.
I do have high standards when it comes to home-made soup, but this was atrocious!
This was sooooo delicious and flavorful! I used 1/2 lb Italian Turkey Sausage for half of the ground turkey and it had a little extra punch. Delicious!
very good everyone liked it.I made it with only one little change that was I use watkins beef base insted of beef broth. it has more flaver and little sodium and it's powder so it last longer.the one thing I didn't like was the zucchini it got mushie. I took it out . the second time I made it I left out the zucchini we liked it just as well. will make agaen.