I’ve served this highly requested sandwich at get-togethers since my college days. What makes it so good is the hummus and the pickle - everyone notices if the pickle is missing. — Jackie Termont, Richmond, Virginia
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic hummus
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound sliced deli turkey
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 4 thin sandwich pickle slices
- Cut French bread lengthwise in half; hollow out each half, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save removed bread for another use).
- Spread hummus over cut side of bread top. In a small bowl, combine cheese and oregano; sprinkle over bread bottom. Top with turkey, red pepper and pickles. Replace top; cut into slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Turkey & Feta Sandwich in Taste of Home June/July 2013
Reviews for Hearty Turkey & Feta Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review