- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; set cheese packet aside. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add the soup, water, ketchup, mustard and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes.
- Drain macaroni; add to beef mixture. Add the corn, cheese, contents of reserved cheese packet, butter and milk. Cook and stir until cheese and butter are melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Mac & Cheese
"<p>This was pretty good but like some others said, it didn't really wow me. I may make it again sometime. I used a whole onion and a whole green pepper - I didn't think 2-3 tbsp. would be nearly enough for a whole pound of ground beef... The measurements kinda made me chuckle:)</p>"
"This was a great meal. Leftovers were gone within days"
"Very rich, hearty and tasty."
"Oh so creamy & delicious! We added a bit extra onion & green pepper.~ Theresa"
"I served this with a warm herbed bread and it was awesome. Very yummy!"